05 October, 2008

Busy Lives!

A great big aloha to all my friends, online and offline. It’s been ages since the last time I updated my place.

I’m terribly sorry for the late updates, I've been busy with our little princess, and she’s growing up so fast. I try to do something fun and educational everyday. I want to enjoy those moments while she’s still little and we can bond. Golly, I can’t believe how she is now, she’s very sweet and friendly to everyone we know. She learns more and more everyday, and likes to make friends with the kids we meet at the park. She has a few buddies now in a park we always go to play. She’s also busy practicing for the big ballet year-end program. She feels like a star getting to wear a costume for the stage and show her ballet skills in a real dancing ballet show! She also wants to join the cheerleading program for four year olds. She stays so busy and happy, which makes me excited and happy! She is learning so much and loves it. She should be able to start school next year, so our time together is even more meaningful. At home, we started teaching her reading, counting, coloring, and even teaching her to speak politely. While she isn’t perfect with any of it, she is making incredible progress and having fun doing it. We don’t want to spoil everything for her to learn at school. But hubby insists the excitement will still be there when she goes because it’ll be a new adventure for her.

On the other side, I am busy with everything at home and during hubby's off, I still work part time. It’s fun when you get to earn while enjoying the benefit of a day off from the house. Last week was busy days at work. It was the yearly case lot sale, and us usual it was jam-packed with people buying bulk stuff. Anyway, they save by buying cases during that time. We baggers also do our potluck lunch every other Friday, which makes work even more fun. Everyone brings their own favorite foods. We really had fun every time we do a potluck. Also working in a grocery, you get to make friends with the customers. Oh, I have bad days at work, but nothing I can’t handle.

Spending time every Thursday at ballet class is also great for me, as we mothers make friends and get to chat about motherhood and our little princesses. I made friends with these two great mothers who are very friendly and down to earth; we always get excited talking about our days and where to go for sightseeing and family time. We also talk about the places we’ve been and the places we came from. It's great spending time with them, even for just an hour a week. I've made such nice friends there. I always think that I am blessed with my life.

Thinking about how blessed I am and looking back, when I was still in the Philippines and was single, I was already adventurous and when my parents got hit hard with so many problems, I was able to go out and start learning how to work and experience life’s adventures. You know, that is also the time I started to grow, mature, learn how to be strong, and learn how to make money from your own hard work. My first experience was with a friend’s bakery being a cashier and doing household jobs. It was not an easy job, as I had to wake up so early to prepare for everything, before we opened the bakery. But it was a great learning experience, as I learned so much about how value of hard earned money and at the same time, I was able to help my parents with their daily needs. I am very proud and thankful for my parents raising all seven of us with dignity, even with the life of poverty. I landed so many hard jobs, so many places, and so many bosses, but I never felt bad about it. The life that I experienced before, taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, and being humble. I am proud to say that with those experiences in life, I got to go to far away places and meet some great people. I am adventurous and have never been afraid of where life is going to take me, even if it’s far away. I just trust my self and God. I remember when I went to Diego Garcia, a British territory in the Indian Ocean. They have a base there for the U.S. Navy, and people always come between the U.S. and the Philippines and there. I was a food service worker, which led to a promotion to cash cage operator, and a delivery service telephone operator for the contractor who ran the base. That’s where I met hubby. And today I am a happy wife and mother to our little darling Jasmine. Life is so great and full of wonderful things. The lesson I learned from all this is “Whatever trials and opposition you may face, learn from them and then put them in the past; it'll make your life beautiful.”

Back to the topic. Yesterday hubby and Jasmine had daddy daughter day while I was at work. They were busy with there own adventure, as they went out to watch a movie. The local theater was showing “WALL-E,” and Jasmine has wanted to see it. They dropped me off at work and went home to take a break. Hubby worked on some photos and Jasmine played Dora on the computer. After bath time and getting ready, they left to the theater at about 1:45. They got there an hour early, as I told them to. Of course, it wasn’t even open, but someone was having a birthday party and invited Jasmine to come in and play. Jasmine had so much fun playing with the other kids and being part of their party. I'd like to give them a big thank you! Well, the party ended and they went to the movie. Jasmine was so excited eating popcorn and drinking daddy’s Coke while watching this great little adventure movie. They came to pick me up after the movie, but had to wait about half an hour. During this time, hubby and princess played in the leaves and Jasmine said “Hello” to everyone who passed. Jasmine was giggling and really laughing so hard when I came out. Daddy and she had so much fun! Even daddy said how great Jasmine behaved and how much fun they had. Our little girl got so excited telling me about their day and her fun with the kids she met. She told me how much she enjoyed the whole time in the party and movie. She even told me almost the whole story of the movie!

Sorry, everyone, for the long post. I hope you don’t mind that I went off subject, and the long winded narration. As always, thank you for your visits and the lovely comments.

Here’s hoping that God bless you all with a lovely week and some great memories!
Ciao!

1 comment:

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

hi lily,

kumusta na.....sus ko dugaya na nimong ga post.

basa ko sa imong wonderful post karon, the more i know you-......

bc gyd ka kaayo ni jasmine, inyo togetherness..............that is true, hindi gyd na malimotan ni jasmine,
and of course sa imoa....

pagdako na sila, they make or self na sila.....taman na lang ta sa remember those nice days n time together nato sila.

mao nga pahimuslan nato gyd, ako pod...bisan ilang ingon nga layo-layoan na daw, kay basin mahimong mama girl akong kim.....dli man siguro?

. Life is so great and full of wonderful things.........Amen.....tinood gyd ni.

Praise God

sigi lily, ari na ko....au-au dha....

thanks kaayo sa visita pod ha?

regards to all...........