11 February, 2008

All about the week-end!

Hi to all my friends, online and offline! Another entry, another missive on the way I spend my weekends. I hope it's not too long for you.



Chapter 1 (joking)
This past weekend was just more of the usual, being a bagger at our local grocery. I like the job since I started. We aren’t paid, but we get tips for bagging groceries for the customers who do their shopping in our local grocery. I enjoy doing it, and I get to hang out with some Pinay friends I work with. They are the ones who work full time.

Anyway, last Saturday my friend Emily and I agreed to meet at the church, to attend a Funeral Mass. It was my hubby's co-worker who passed away untimely. It was a sad moment for Raytheon, for they lost a fellow worker and very dear friend. I got there just in time for the mass to start. The moment I saw the casket in front of the altar, I was in Tears. I felt so sad for his wife. It’s just unbelievable what happened to him. I won’t detail his death. I prayed for his wife to have strength and comfort in this difficult time.

After the funeral mass we headed straight to our work, where it was Saturday for sure. There were quite few customers doing there weekend grocery shopping. I always love to be with friends, talking to them about anything at work when it’s not busy. I think this is what I called my day off.

After work, I got home as usual. Jasmine was one excited little girl seeing her Mommy. She always says that she missed me :-) I miss her too, all the time while at work, but I know it’s for her own good, too. Hubby likes it too; they get to have bonding time, just daddy and daughter hanging out together. They usually went out for lunch at the restaurant by were we live. (Although I’m convinced daddy just says he enjoys it for my sake. He always seems so worn out after a day alone with our little monster, I mean princess.)After work, we try to have a family night out on weekends. Not late night, cause of our little girl. This time I chose the Greek restaurant. I told hubby “I’m tired I just want the nearest one.” I had some calamari with fries and salad, hubby got a steak and salad, and our little Brat, I mean delight, got a cheese pizza for herself.

I also finally met the Irish couple who my Hubby talks about all the time. It’s because they always see them every time I work. They knew Jasmine, and seem to be taken with her. The lady is always talking about how beautiful Jasmine is. They are a nice couple, and so sweet to our baby. It’s no wonder hubby likes them. I was glad to meet them; they are indeed a nice and friendly pair. She even gave Jasmine some Irish luck a money for her. Of course, being a mother herself, she refused to take no for an answer, so I kept the money and put it in her album with a note saying Irish Luck dated 2008. We’ll make sure we spend that amount to buy something nice for Jasmine, as that was her real intention, but I thought such a kind act should be remembered.

Sunday Jasmine and I went to church. Dada was so tired that we didn’t bother to wake him up. But before we left, he woke up and just told us to pick him up after the mass. Jasmine was very nice this time around. I always sit at the back so that whenever Jasmine becomes naughty, it’s easy to go outside. Well, there is a couple with one daughter beside us. Jasmine and this kid instantly became friends and were talking and doing crayons together. They were very behaved, although sometimes Jasmine raised her voice out of excitement. Oh well, overall she was very well behaved and I was so impressed at the time. No hassle for the first time.

After mass, it’s straight home pick-up Daddy. Went to our favorite local shopping store, did some window-shopping, and bought a few things. Especially for my picture printing. I got to buy a few things for Jasmine, too. Before heading home, of course, we had to stop at Burger King.

Went home and found out that my Bavarian Angel blog was remodeled by my admirable friend, Carlota. I was so excited, that I called her right after hubby and his Mom talk. I just want to say thank you for everything and for making my site so pretty. Not only that, but I always love talking to Carlota, ever since we became friends online. She’s one of the nicest people I ever made friends with since the first time I do blog hopping through Friendster, then Bravenet, and finally Blogspot. Carlota was always there to help me getting started.

To you, Carlota, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for taking so much time making your friends blogs look lovelier than ever. thank you always.

I guess that’s it for now. It seems my update today was a bit loooong winded. :-) wish you all a lovely Tuesday! And thank you for all the visits, I truly appreciate your time checking my blog and leaving some wonderful comments and tags.

Ciao! God bless.

No comments: